Sunday, October 19, 2008

Roxie Strikes Again!




I really don't understand how a dog that not only looks so sweet but also acts so sweet and loving insists on chewing up my possessions! Now I have to add my heart rate monitor to the list of:

3 Remote Controls (thankfully Comcast thinks it is amusing)
An ENTIRE year of Oprah magazines
4 Burned CD's
One shoe each of six pairs of shoes

After this laundry list of chewed up items I started putting her in the kennel when I leave the house. Slowly I have been letting her have short stints out when I go out. I clear the floor, coffee table and end tables and shut all the doors to the bedrooms. Last night I did the same think but I didn't realize my HRM watch was on the couch. When I got back after being gone an hour she had chewed up a sample ballot of the upcoming general election (not a huge loss consider the state of our nation) and as I was picking up the pieces of paper I noticed that some were heavier and made of plastic. Immediately I remember that I left my watch on the couch. This is all that is left:




I thought I could just fix it and replace the watch band but the way she chewed it didn't look like it would work. Plus, I used this HRM almost everyday. So last night at 9:00PM, I am on the hunt for a new one. I went to Sports Authority and the manager was pulling down the gate. He was kind enough to let me in, I assured him I wasn't in there to browse and I knew exactly what I was looking for. Then I remembered seeing a $25 coupon earlier in the week so I was able to get the next model up for the same price as the one I bought before. This is my new HRM. I really like the fact that it's pink.




I used it today at the gym. It's really cool. Well cool in a crazy expensive exercise gadget sort of way.

See you soon!
Michele

1 comment:

nikki said...

Darn that dog! But at least you got something new out of it.