Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Caloric Intake

Last night, while training, Mark and I got into a discussion about calories. I am having to keep a food diary on this really neat website called "Spark People". You put in your food and exercise daily and it keeps track, etc. I know that tracking food is the best way to actually lose weight because I have used Weight Watchers before with success (but only if you keep doing it!) Anyhow, right now I am eating anywhere from 1200 to 1700 calories a day. I am exercising 5 days a week and on the days that I train I will burn anywhere from 700 to 1000 calories. Theoretically with those numbers I should lose pounds considering I am not counting the calories burned throughout my day. Let me say this, I am not looking to lose pounds quickly (i.e. in some "fad" diet sort of way). I want to lose pounds sensibly and in a matter I will be able to maintain after I finish my personal training. In our discussion last night Mark tells me I should only be eating 1200-1500 calories a day. WHAT!! People I would literally be SO very hungry if I really had to cut those 200 calories. On the days I train, you cannot stop me from eating about one hour after I finish. I am so famished. So today I am wearing my HRM to work and I am going to see how many calories I burn normally. I know on the days I train I will be in a deficit.

For instance, yesterday I consumed 1415 calories and I burned 740 at the gym last night. That difference is 675 of unburned calories. Well right now at 8:18AM I have already burned 456 calories. There is no way that buy then end of the day those 675 calories would have been left. No Way.

I need those 200 calories. Really. Seriously.

No comments: