Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Physical Training Session #8, #9 & #10

Free weights are not my friend. I have discovered this, well basically from session #1. Mark, my trainer, finds this quite amusing. I have no idea why I have such trouble, it isn't because my arms are weak, they are quite muscular, is it possible I have weak wrists? Perhaps. I am fine as long as I don't have to lift over my head because then everything goes willy nilly. Mark is always concerned that I am going to knock myself out. Needless to say he tries not to have me do too much overhead lifting.

I am half way through my training. I am feeling better because I am actually losing weight, albeit not a lot (it still amazes me that it is SO easy to put on but SO hard to take off!) but any weight loss is good. I can tell that I have gotten stronger working out with Mark. I think this is because when I was doing strength training by myself I wouldn't push my muscles past a certain comfort level. He, on the other hand, pushes.

Another thing that has helped is having a heart rate monitor. I LOVE the fact that it tells me how many calories I have burned. There is this feeling of such satisfaction seeing that number at the end of a workout. I do realize that the real reason I have this HRM is to tell me my level of exercise and this has helped me tremendously.

I think I will ask Mark to take my measurements tonight just so I can see where I am. I have lost a total of four pounds but I'd like to see inches also.

Until next time!
Michele

No comments: