Friday, September 19, 2008

I've Bitten The Bullet

I am almost too embarrassed to write this...I have hired a personal trainer. Please do not get me wrong, I respect what personal trainers do I just never thought I would pay anyone to train me. I have to go on record to say that I have mocked friends of mine who have paid good money to have someone help them exercise. I never in a million years thought I would do it until I got on the scale Wednesday morning. Let me preface by saying that I have been working out since the beginning of May. I have been going to the gym anywhere from 3-6 days a week doing cardio, pilates and lifting weights. Well in the last 5 months I have gained 15 POUNDS. Granted I do realize that it isn't 15 pounds of fat but the entire point of me sweating this much is to decrease my overall size. Gaining 15 pounds even if it is muscle isn't the way to reach my overall goal. I would like to drop 2 sizes. I don't think that is unreasonable. Trust me I have plenty to lose. Dropping 2 sizes would bring me to a size 8 US. I have gotten a lot of advice from many different people and all of it is different. Originally I said I would train on my own for six months and then if I wasn't happy I would do something else. Well with the way I am headed if I waited another month I still wouldn't be happy. So, come Monday I will be working out 3 days a week with Mark. I am expected to do 2 more days of cardio on my own. I am really motiviated and since I have paid this man a large sum of money I don't think motiviation will be an issue. I had no idea how much money personal trainers make in an hour. Wow, I know what I should do if I ever decide accounting isn't my cup of tea anymore.

I have decided to post the results of my 20 sessions. Just so it can be documented since Mark has pretty much guarnateed me that I will have the results I want in about seven weeks (of course, it isn't a MONEY BACK GURANANTEE). We will see. I will actually post my real weight (yes, I am insane) and measurements. I am putting it all out there because I am really expecting to see results.

It is funny how this all works out. I broke my leg in February and here I am in September hiring a personal trainer and actually enjoying the fact that I go to the gym. I would have called you a liar if someone told me I would be doing this last September. I guess it is true that everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

nikki said...

Good for you... as someone who is looking to get her personal trainers license, I congratulate you... not on getting one necessarily but on having the motivation to make change. I am sure you will get what you want out of it.