Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thirty Days IN A ROW!

I went with Jon last week to the VA Hospital in Augusta, GA. He had an appointment with the Neurosurgeon for the bulging disk in his back. This has been going on for a year. A year of chronic back and leg pain. The disk is pressing on a nerve that goes to his right leg. Being the man that he is, or any man for that matter, he thought this might get better on its own. Wrong. A year of therapy, steroid injections and nothing changed. Surgery is really the only option at this point. He is tired of being in pain and being on "profile". "Profile" in the Army is when you don't have to perform certain tasks like PT because of your health. He hates being on profile. So we met with the surgeon. Jose Santiago. Yes, I have already googled him. He is legit. Graduated from Tulane Medical School. Anyhow, I digress. Surgery is scheduled for November 9th. Then Jon will have 30 days of convalescent leave. When the PA said that my ears perked up. 30 days? IN A ROW? Please don't get me wrong...I hate that Jon is having surgery. Hate it. I do not like anyone to go under general anesthesia especially the man I love but having him home for a month is wonderful. I don't care that he will be recovering. I get that. Just having him home is all I care about. Being able to care for him and baby him is all I want. I know that it won't all be roses but I will take that too. Except for the two weeks he was home in March the most that we have been together is four days. Four days is not enough. A month won't be enough either but I will take what I can get.

P.S. Please keep Jon in your thoughts and prayers on November 9th. I know that it will all turn out fine but it doesn't hurt to have all the thoughts and prayers you can get! :)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

My father-in-law uses the VA hospital in Augusta! He was there a few weeks ago to have a skin cancer removed.

Will be praying for you BOTH! :-)

30 days in a row is what I call a silver lining!!