Monday, October 29, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action...I think they forgot "Be Quiet"

Yesterday a friend, her daughter and I went to see "Dan in Real Life". When we went into the theatre we were in heaven. No one was in there. We had our choice of seating. We settled in eating popcorn and eventually the theatre started getting more people. Since it wasn't crowded everyone was rather scattered. No reason to be on top of each other. Well I guess the three elderly ladies didn't think so. They sat right behind Angela, Katie & I. And proceeded to start talking. About everything. At first I really wasn't too annoyed because the previews were on. Needless to say they proceeded to talk about every aspect of the movie. "Where do you think they are?" "I don't know some where in New England." "I am trying to see a license plate, oh there they said it, Rhode Island." "Oh, I have been there, it is so beautiful." On and on and on and ON!!! No kidding. If they weren't' commenting they couldn't hear. "What did she say?" I don't know I couldn't hear either." Blah, Blah, Blah. They were so oblivious they didn't realize that Angela and I kept turning around giving them the "Shut the f&%k up" stare. This was a small theatre so it really wouldn't have mattered where we sat. Then they had the gall at the end to say that it was just "okay". Well had you shut up and listened to the movie you might have realized that it was more than an okay movie. Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche were wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed the "movie" I did not enjoy the ambiance of the theatre. The next time I will call the "quiet police" and show these ladies the door. We all paid the same $8.50. In fact, they probably got the senior discount. Now I am really irked!!

No comments: